Monday, February 19, 2018

I'm late for Mardi Gras too?! (starring Juvia's Place)

I could've sworn that Mardi Gras was in March sometime.

To be fair, I never really get the opportunity to celebrate Mardi Gras. The only memories I have of Mardi Gras are childhood ones, which involved eating King cake and being paranoid about accidentally swallowing the baby Jesus, and going to New Orleans with my half Cajun, half Southern family and walking down Bourbon Street (in the daytime, of course), eating beignets in the French Quarter, walking through the winter wonderland of the Fairmont Hotel, and finding the most hilariously lewd necklaces and T-Shirts in the souvenir shops. I haven't stepped foot in New Orleans in almost twenty years, so it's pretty natural for me to have no idea of when Mardi Gras is, but I might have to rectify that before I make any plans to move out of the country. Either way, I digress; don't be mad at me. Here's a look!







And some over exposed Snapchat-filtered pictures





I'm late as hell for Mardi Gras but I'm in love with this look! I was worried it would be too gaudy and I got a little intimidated around the time I started applied the first green, but it came out so much better than I could have imagined! Here's the details:

FACE:
Primer:
  • Wet 'N Wild PhotoFocus Matte Face Primer on my T-Zone
  • Mac Prep + Prime
 Concealer:
  • E.L.F. Orange Concealer Stick under the Tarte Shape Tape in Deep on my mouth and the shadows on my cheek, and the Shape Tape paired with the Wet N Wild PhotoFocus Concealer in Medium/Deep Tan under my eyes.
Foundation: CoverGirl Queen Collection All Day Flawless 3-in-1 Foundation in Q825 Golden Honey
  • Applied with a fake version of the Farsali Rose Gold Elixir, and enhanced by the Wet N Wild Hello Halo Liquid Highlighter in Goddess Glow under my eyes, and Go With The Glow on my forehead and chin.
Face Powder: Ben Nye Luxury Powder in Sienna (which, I've realized, makes my face too dark yay! What am I gonna do?!)
Under Eye Setting Powder: Maybelline Fit Me! Loose Setting Powder in Deep
BROWS:
Outline: ColourPop Brow Pencil in Black 'n Brown
Filler: E.L.F. Brow Kit in Dark
Browbone Highlight: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Toffee
 
EYES:
Primer: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Toffee
Shadows:
  • Transition: Fulani, in the Juvia's Place The Masquerade Palette, topped with the purple shade in the Juvia's Place The Zulu Palette, and a little bit of Haze, in the Bad Habit Beauty Aura Palette on the very edges
  • Lid: Makeda, in the Juvia's Place The Masquerade Palette
  • Lower Lash Line: Mali, in the Juvia's Place The Masquerade Palette, with Ecstasy, in the Bad Habit Beauty Aura Palette on top of the outer third, and the green shimmer shade in The Zulu Palette on top of the inner third, all kind of smoked out by Egypt, in the Juvia's Place The Nubian II Palette
  • Inner Corner: Nairobi, in the Juvia's Place The Nubian II Palette
 
Eyeliner: Wet 'N Wild ProLine Graphic Marker Eyeliner with the Kat Von D Tattoo Eyeliner in Trooper to start out that dramatic ass wing
Mascara: Ruby Kisses Very Sexy Mascara on the bottom lashes
Lashes: Kiss Lash Couture Faux Mink Lashes in Boudoir
CONTOUR:
Ruby Kisses 3D Contour Palette in Medium Dark
HIGHLIGHT:
Casablanca, in the Juvia's Place The Masquerade palette, topped with Nairobi, in the Juvia's Place The Nubian II Palette, with a little bit of Aziza, in the Juvia's Place The Saharan II Palette on top just to be extra
BLUSH:
Yara, in the Juvia's Place The Saharan Blush Palette Vol II

LIPS:
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in London


Moral of the story is, when you need a really good colorful look (and apparently a bomb ass multifaceted highlight), Juvia's Place will never steer you wrong. Honestly I don't know why I have highlighters anymore; this highlight completely blew my mind! I've also realized that I've been spoiled by Fix+. I thought that my Kiss NY spray was booty in comparison to Fix+ and my Milani spray, but after using my Milani spray on this look, I realize that, in comparison to Fix+, it's booty too. So now I've been sucked into the void of having to spend $26 on a setting spray, or $12 on the minis. I think I can work with that some kind of way. Thanks for reading!

x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment