Thursday, March 29, 2018

This blog is about to change

Okay, maybe not drastically change. Let me start from the beginning, and give you guys a life update of sorts.

As you guys know (I think), I moved back home to Houston after some issues with Japanese grad school and being rejected for a job in Japan, etc. Originally, I was going to wait a year, work from my hometown, and get my TEFL certificate before I tried to apply for a job in South Korea. 

Yeah, that's not how it happened.

I have a couple of friends who all of a sudden popped up with teaching jobs in Korea, and I decided "screw this, I'm going to apply without the certificate". I signed up for a recruiting agency, and within a couple of weeks, I was successfully placed in a teaching position at a private school in Busan, South Korea. As per usual with EFL jobs in South Korea, I get a decent check, a rent free apartment and healthcare, and I couldn't be more excited or grateful. I ship off on April 30th to start a new life, which is where the blog change comes in.

If you know nothing else about South Korea, then know this: there ain't no makeup for Black girls in South Korea. It's a homogeneous country, granted, so all foundations, concealers, blushes, lipsticks, etc are geared to the Korean woman. That's understandable; I'm not one of those women who will go to a homogeneous country and bitch and moan because they don't have products available in my shade; unlike the United States, they don't have a market for those things. But, with that being said, I won't be able to buy many things while I'm living there, with the exception of skin care, (some) hair products, and non-complexion based makeup (e.g. eyeliner, mascara, maybe lip gloss). I will gladly post about these things, but my blog and my YouTube channel, if I ever decided to do it consistently, will be limited on content. So, I decided for the blog at least, to incorporate my experience living in South Korea, and giving information about social and racial encounters, what "hair masks" work for natural hair, where to find plus sized clothing, etc. The other day I was googling for blogs about Black girls in South Korea, and found maybe two actual blogs; everyone else just wants to vlog about it, and I'm not a vlogger by a long shot. I figured I could use this small platform to provide information to girls like me, who need the information but don't necessarily want to watch a video about it. So! That's the update! Also, here's a look for you, just because I haven't posted in forever.






FACE:
Primer:
  • NYX Angel Veil Primer on the right cheek and my nose
  • H&M Mattifying Primer on the left cheek and my forehead
  • Both set with the ELF HD Powder
 Concealer:
  • E.L.F. Orange Concealer Stick under the Makeup Revolution Conceal + Define Concealer in C13 on my mouth and the shadows on my cheek
  • Kiss New York Extreme Camouflage Cream in Rich Beige under my eyes.
Foundation: CoverGirl Queen Collection All Day Flawless 3-in-1 Foundation in Q825 Golden Honey
  • Applied with a fake version of the Farsali Rose Gold Elixir, and enhanced by the Wet N Wild Hello Halo Liquid Highlighter in Goddess Glow under my eyes, and Go With The Glow on my forehead and chin.
Face Powder: Makeup Revolution Terra Cotta Baking Powder
Under Eye Setting Powder: Ben Nye Dolce Powder

BROWS:
Outline: ColourPop Brow Pencil in Black 'n Brown
Filler: E.L.F. Brow Kit in Dark
Browbone Highlight: ColourPop No Filter Concealer in Deep Golden
 
EYES:
Primer: Makeup Revolution Conceal + Define Concealer in C13, set with the Ben Nye Dolce Powder
Shadows:
  • Transition: Admire and Passion, in the Bad Habit Aphrodite Palette
  • Lid: Eclipse, in the Bad Habit Solstice Palette, on the inner and outer corners, with Chefchaouen, in the Juvia's Place The Saharan II Palette on the center, topped with Surreal, in the Bad Habit Dreamstate Palette
  • Lower Lash Line: Passion, in the Bad Habit Aphrodite Palette
  • Inner Corner: Blur and Muse, in the Bad Habit Dreamstate Palette
 
Eyeliner: Wet 'N Wild ProLine Graphic Marker Eyeliner
Mascara: Ruby Kisses Very Sexy Mascara on the bottom lashes
Lashes: Kiss Lash Couture 5th Avenue Lashes in Lavish
CONTOUR:
Ruby Kisses 3D Contour Palette in Medium Dark
HIGHLIGHT:
Nude Beach and Tan Lines, in the Bad Habit Oasis Highlighting Kit
BLUSH:
Yara, in the Juvia's Place The Saharan Blush Palette Vol II

LIPS:
Milani Amore Shine Lip Gloss in Tenderness
Okay, that's enough rambling for today. I hope that something will suit you in the posts to come, and I look forward to taking you along on this new journey!
x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment