Thursday, February 8, 2018

Let's talk about Bad Habit.

Hello, welcome back. Grab a s'more and a seat.

So, I'm a sucker for new releases just as bad as any other makeup obsessed person out there. It has taken some real effort me to say "no thanks, I don't really need that" to a lot of new releases that have come out over the past year or so, especially high end products. I've skipped on many a Anastasia Beverly Hills palette, many a foundation, many a highlighter, as much as it has pained me, and while I'm still broke, mind you, I am proud of myself for not cluttering my collection up with stuff too expensive for me to feel like I can play around with on a regular.

However.

This is the age of the dupe, specifically the age of the very obvious dupe. Makeup Revolution has been doing it for years, though their palettes have been a little subtler about their duplicating, but just recently I have discovered the beauty that is Bad Habit Beauty. Bad Habit is the king of the obvious dupe, I'm going to go ahead and claim it right now. They've gone after Natasha Denona, Anastasia Beverly Hills, Urban Decay, Fenty Beauty and, most recently, the little Huda Beauty mini palettes whose names escape me at the moment. But it's one thing for the palettes to just be obvious visual dupes; these palettes are damn near close in quality, as well. Granted, I haven't tried any of the Makeup Revolution Reloaded palettes (though I am dying to, and probably will in the very near future), at this moment in time, based off of the palettes that I have been able to try, I can say that Bad Habit has them and every other lower end brand of makeup beat when it comes to quality in their products. Packaging? Check. Pigmentation? Check check. Smoothness? Check three times. Every palette that I have bought from them has been amazing, and I have purchased many:


From top to bottom, left to right: Retro Love aka the Subculture palette from ABH, Inferno aka UD Naked Heat, Aura aka the Prism palette from ABH, Solstice aka the Sunset palette from ND, Artistry aka the Master Palette by Mario from ABH, the Oasis Highlight Kit aka the 3D Highlighter Palette (Gold Sand Edition) from Huda Beauty, Athena aka the Desert Dusk palette from Huda Beauty

I have yet to be failed when it comes to Bad Habit. I've heard that some people have complaints about the obvious duping of higher end palettes, but I personally find absolutely nothing wrong with it. If the higher end palettes are the best on the market, then they shouldn't be worried about sales; their product should back up their pricing, in my opinion. As for me, I'm a makeup lover on a budget, and I can't afford to drop $50 on one palette, and I'm not in the mood to save up the money for it over weeks, or charge it to a credit card, just to say that I have it. I don't get a chance to wear makeup very much, so it's nice to have cheaper alternatives.

Anyway, I digress. I got the Retro Love, Inferno and Aura palettes yesterday, and here are my swatches:



I thought I was cute today, y'all

I was super really excited with how this came out! It's a little more chocolate raspberry in the crease instead of the deep chocolate that I was going for, but it's a beautiful alternative! I ruined it with a lash mishap, but I'm still really happy with it! And am also really angry with Kiss for changing the style of my favorite lashes. Anyway, details below!

FACE:
Primer:
  • HM Mattifying Primer on my T-Zone
  • Trust Fund Beauty Gimme Good Face Primer
 Concealer:
  • L.A. Girl HD Pro Orange Corrector, Wet N Wild PhotoFocus Concealer in Dark Cocoa on my mouth and under my eyes, Tarte Shape Tape in Deep, as well as Wet N Wild PhotoFocus Concealer in Medium/Deep Tan under my eyes.
Foundation: CoverGirl Queen Collection All Day Flawless 3-in-1 Foundation in Q825 Golden Honey
  • Applied with a fake version of the Farsali Rose Gold Elixir, and enhanced by the Wet N Wild Hello Halo Liquid Highlighter in Goddess Glow
Face Powder: Ben Nye Luxury Powder in Sienna
Under Eye Setting Powder: Maybelline Fit Me! Loose Setting Powder in Deep
 
BROWS:
Outline: ColourPop Brow Pencil in Black 'n Brown
Filler: E.L.F. Brow Kit in Dark
Browbone Highlight: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Toffee
 
EYES:
Primer: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Toffee
Shadows:
  • Transition: Haze, in the Bad Habit Aura Palette
  • Crease: Mod and Nostalgia, in the Bad Habit Retro Love Palette
  • Lid: Ecstasy, in the Bad Habit Aura Palette, with Icon from the same palette right in the center
  • Lower Lash Line: Rock 'N' Roll, in the Bad Habit Retro Love Palette
  • Inner Corner: Soul and Phenomenon, in the Bad Habit Aura Palette
 
Eyeliner: Kat Von D Tattoo Eyeliner in Trooper
Mascara: Ruby Kisses Very Sexy Mascara on the bottom lashes
Lashes: Kiss Lash Couture Faux Mink Lashes in Boudoir
 
CONTOUR:
Ruby Kisses 3D Contour Palette in Medium Dark
 
HIGHLIGHT:
Tan Lines and Nude Beach, in the Bad Habit Oasis Highlight Kit
 
BLUSH:
Milani Baked Blush in Rose d'Oro
 
LIPS:
Nicka K New York Lip Gloss in Chocolate Cosmos
Liner: Jordana Easyliner Eyeliner in Coffee Bean


I can already tell that some of these things are going to be featured in my end of the year favorites lol. I'm really happy with these palettes! I've been getting more and more into single jewel toned colors on my lids, and these along with my Juvia's Place palettes are definitely filling in that love for me.

Thanks for reading, and I'll see you in the next one!

x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment