Monday, February 5, 2018

Setting sprays are not created the same.

What is this? Another post in the same year? I'm batting a thousand.

Hi again! This post is gonna be really quick because my best friend is making watch half naked men in the pool and I can't really concentrate. I've been playing with makeup a lot these past few days, because I finally replenished my eyelashes, and I wanted to try out a couple of products, namely a foundation whose shade selection was a fail, and, finally, the infamous MAC Fix+. 

 
I've been dying to try things from MAC for the longest time, but could never bring myself to make a purchase. I want to try a foundation from them, but first I figured I would start with the setting sprays; I found the Snowball collection minis online for stupid cheap, and couldn't pass it up! Before I got Fix+ I had been using the Milani Make It Last setting spray which I absolutely love, but I was caught by the bug to try some high end stuff again. I also caught a bug to try a different setting spray, and tried the Kiss New York ProTouch setting spray. Now honestly, I hadn't been paying much attention to the finish of my looks as of late, so I was using the Kiss NY spray with no problem. It wasn't until I tried Fix+ and looked at my faces, and went back and looked at my Milani faces, that I realized something.

The Kiss NY spray is booty.

I did some makeup last night and tried to take pictures of it and my face was hideous; the texture was exaggerated, and it didn't help that I was using the wrong concealer and was practically working in the dark. The only good picture I got from it was this:

Look at how ugly my fingers are lmao

Selfie camera, no detail, all the works; everyone is lucky I didn't put a filter on it. I felt like I had failed as a makeup lover, but after I realized the problems, I was determined to make things right. Which is why, as soon as I got home today, I broke out my mirror and my tools and got to work, and made this!








There are quite a few pictures from this look because I really liked the way it came out. Details details!

FACE:
Primer:
  • HM Mattifying Primer on my T-Zone
  • Nicka K New York Ultra Smoothing Makeup Primer
 Concealer:
  • Wet N Wild PhotoFocus Concealer in Dark Cocoa on my mouth, under my eyes and over the L.A. Girl HD Pro Orange Corrector, as well as Medium/Deep Tan under my eyes.
Foundation: CoverGirl Queen Collection All Day Flawless 3-in-1 Foundation in Q825 Golden Honey
  • Applied with the NYX Honey Dew Me Up primer, and enhanced by a fake version of the Iconic Liquid Highlighter in Glow (shout out to Wish)
Face Powder: Laura Mercier Medium Deep Translucent Loose Setting Powder
Under Eye Setting Powder: Maybelline Fit Me! Loose Setting Powder in Deep
BROWS:
Outline: ColourPop Brow Pencil in Black 'n Brown
Filler: E.L.F. Brow Kit in Dark
Browbone Highlight: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Toffee
 
EYES:
Primer: L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Toffee
Shadows:
  • Transition: Equinox, in the Bad Habit Solstice Palette
  • Crease: Dusk, in the Bad Habit Solstice Palette
  • Lid: Chi, in the Juvia's Place Masquerade Palette, topped with Cleopatra, in the Juvia's Place Nubian 2 Palette
  • Lower Lash Line: Casablanca and Cairo, in the Juvia's Place Masquerade Palette
  • Inner Corner: Nairobi, in the Juvia's Place Nubian 2 Palette, topped with the Wvrthy Stardust Powder in Eros
 
Eyeliner: Kat Von D Tattoo Eyeliner in Trooper
Mascara: Ruby Kisses Very Sexy Mascara on the bottom lashes
Lashes: Kiss Lash Couture Faux Mink Lashes in Boudoir
CONTOUR:
Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Medium to Dark on the cheek, with the Stila Stay All Day Contouring Bronzer in Dark on the jaw.
HIGHLIGHT:
The Wvrthy Stardust Powder in Eros, topped with Tan Lines and Nude Beach, in the Bad Habit Oasis Highlight Kit
BLUSH:
Milani Baked Blush in Rose d'Oro

LIPS:
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in London
Liner: Jordana Easyliner Eyeliner in Coffee Bean
Alright, that's it for me tonight! I'll see you in the next one!
x Ashlan

No comments:

Post a Comment